Can I sue my former landlady for accusing me of a crime I did not commit? 1 Answers as of June 28, 2011

My former landlady illegally evicted me and opened a storage account in my name and signed my name. She also had me arrested for a sexual crime I did not commit and I lost my job because of the accusation. The case as of June 30 will be closed. Do I have a case to sue this individual for false accusation?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Jared Altman
Law Office of Jared Altman | Jared Altman
Yes. You may have a defamation and malicious prosecution claim. You should consult a lawyer.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 6/28/2011
Click to View More Answers: