Can I sue my father for neglect to pay child support? Posted on August 08, 2011

This is kind of a long story. But basically my parents divorced when I was 4, I am now 22. They both were marines. My mother left the service after the divorce and my siblings and lived with her during this time. My father continued serving, and now works for the U.S government. Here's my question: my father stopped paying child support when I was 8 and Alimony. This was during a difficult time , my mother became an addict and an alcoholic. We were living in poverty. My siblings and I were sent to live with different family members and I eventually moved out when I was 16. I have supported myself since then. Could I , or my siblings, sue him him for neglect and for the child support he did not pay ?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: