Can I sue my ex-boyfriend for the money he promised to pay? 2 Answers as of October 25, 2016

I am with this guy for a year and to cut the story short, we lived in together. I help him a lot emotionally, physically and most of all financially. Two months ago, he told me that he need to go to Lebanon to sell his building there and I agreed. Later that, I found out that he got married and/or engage to someone out there. I was heartbroken. I took action putting all his stuff out of my place and put it in my garage where it was safe and to his car that was park inside my premises. He owes me a lot of money. He asked me before to have a loan under my name to send money to Lebanon which I did and I’m still paying for all the money he asked me before. I spoke to him recently and asked him to pay everything. He said yes and acknowledge the amount he owes me, and he actually signed a paper this time. Now he is making excuses and assume that I stole his email and will not pay me because do that.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
Of course you can sue, and will probably get a judgment. The real question is whether you can ever collect.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/25/2016
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
Sure, you can sue him for the amount he stated he would repay you. For any amounts above that you would have to prove he knew they were given with your belief they would be paid back.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 10/20/2016
Click to View More Answers: