Can I sue my employer for wage discrimination? Posted on May 16, 2011

I have been employed with my company for just over 2 yrs. now! I did not receive my first raise until I had almost a yr. and a half, not to mention a promotion at that time. Numerous employees with less or equal time employed with the company have been given significant raises in that time. Keep in mind theses are people who have a lower job title with the company than myself. Wage is supposed to be based on performance and merit! I have been given excuse after excuse and one is based on the location where I work is in a smaller market! I worked in one of the companies busiest stores in Michigan and was always one of the top three in sales every single month. Our company is publicly traded and also a fortune 500 company! Location should have no basis if we all work in Michigan! I still am required to fufill my obligations as part of the management team, no matter what store I work in, we all have the same job title! How is it, that someone that has less or the same time with the company can be paid more than myself performing the same duties make more in wage than myself! That's discrimination anyway you slice it. Especially another employee that has a lesser job title with less or equal time employed with the company. I want to pursue legal action. I'm very tired of this situation.