Can I sue my employer for my back injury since I got two lower disc cracked? 23 Answers as of February 07, 2013

Geneva Yourse | Geneva Yourse
If you we're injured while working, your employer is required to pay for your medical treatment and lost wages..
N o. You don't sue employers. You file a worker compensation claim.
Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
This is a workers compensation matter.
Onlly if the injury occured related to the job. See a workers comp attorney.
Law Offices of Mark West
Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
In California, generally, if you are injured on the job, the only remedy for an employee against his employer is through workers compensation. Your employer is required to have such insurance. If he does not, you can have a direct action against the employer.
    As I always say, you can sue anybody for anything any time, but the question is can you win? The answer here is, presuming you were hurt on the job, then, yes, you probably can win a claim for worker's compensation benefits only. Your exclusive remedy for an on the job injury, (with certain exceptions that don't appear to apply here), is for compensation benefits. From my experience with blue collar workers with the type injuries you have, you will probably have a permanent disability and will need a lawyer. I encourage you to seek free information on Google on Alabama worker's compensation law, and, if you decide you need to talk with a lawyer, look for one familiar with Alabama worker's compensation law. Good luck.
    Lewis B. Kaplan | Lewis B. Kaplan
    Yes . Hire a worker's compensation lawyer immediately.
    The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC
    The Law Office of Stephen R. Chesley, LLC | Stephen R. Chesley
    If your injury were caused because of a work related incident you would be able to recover from worker's compensation. You should contact an attorney that does worker's compensation.
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates
    Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
    You should consult an attorney.
    Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
    Yes, but you need to file a workers compensation claim if the injury arose from your work. A good workers compensation lawyer will know what to do, and I can help you find one in your area.
    Tenge Law Firm, LLC
    Tenge Law Firm, LLC | J. Todd Tenge
    You will be able to make a workers compensation claim against your employer if you were injured on the job, while doing your job, and were an employee (versus an independent contractor).
    Moore Law Firm
    Moore Law Firm | Frederick J. Moore III
    We would need more facts to give you a straightforward answer. If you were on the job when you were injured then yes you would have a workers compensation claim.
    Law Offices of Henry Repay
    Law Offices of Henry Repay | Henry Repay
    You have a workers' compensation claim and should arrange a consult. Fees are contingent on outcome.
    Mike Lewis Attorneys | Mike Lewis
    Any claim for workers compensation must be filed within 30 days of the incident. Back injuries are one of the most common claims.
    Steven Kalishman, P.A.
    Steven Kalishman, P.A. | Steven J Kalishman
    Probably not. You can make a worker's compensation claim.
    Worker's comp covers medical expenses and time out of work. You cannot sue your employer for negligence and damages for "pain and suffering" is not available. If you have a permanent injury, you may be able to get a "schedule award" which is based on a formula depending on the extent of your disability and your rate of pay, offset by payments that you have already received. But: you should get some advice as to whether the schedule award is your best option. Depending on your situation, you may be better off getting disability payments and having your medical expenses taken care of. There may be another possibility, if there some party other than your employer who caused the accident, such as a janitorial company or repair service. Accidents that occur on construction sites or car crashes during the course of employment have particular rules as well.
    The Hilt Firm, llc
    The Hilt Firm, llc | Matthew L. Hilt
    You might be entitled to worker's compensation. It is also possible that you could recover from any other, non-employers who cause or contributed to your injury.