Can I sue my company for harassing me with phone calls? How? 2 Answers as of June 29, 2015

I changed my phone number and gave it to the owner's son. He gave it to another employee at the work place. She started texting and calling me at odd hours of the night and texting me at work. The owner's son was aware of this and did nothing. I ended up calling the cops due to the harassment which lasted three days and nights when the person harassing me has been bringing a pistol to work and yet they still do nothing. They found my girlfriend's number and also harass her and that's why the cops got involved. There is a case number and the phone company is doing a investigation. What can I do to the company who obviously does not care what happens?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
This is not an employment law question. You may have a case, I do not know. I suggest you go see an attorney in person and discuss the case.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 6/29/2015
Fox & Fox, S.C. | Richard F. Rice
It is good you called the police to report the harassing communications. It is not clear from your information how your employer might be involved with communications that happened outside of work, so you would need to communicate with an attorney to determine if you have any viable claim against your employer.
Answer Applies to: Wisconsin
Replied: 6/29/2015
Click to View More Answers: