Can I sue a law firm for violating a parenting plan? 1 Answers as of October 13, 2016

My ex-husband hired a law firm to represent him in a child support modification case. When the representative for the law firm served the paper work only my 16 year old daughter was around. She is of legal age to accept. My daughter told him that she should accept the papers but he bullied her into it. There is a direct statement in our parenting plan that the children are not to be exposed to anything having to do with child support. By making my daughter accept these forms, the law firm representing my ex-husband directly violated that portion of our parenting plan. The next two packets of papers, which included financial documents were left on my front porch in plain sight. They were not concealed in an envelope. My children could have found them or my neighbors or a random person off the street could have picked them up and read them. This also seems like a violation of the parenting plan since my children could have been the first to find them and a violation of my right to privacy as well as a violation of how court documents must be delivered. Am I way off base here or should I speak with an attorney?

Law Offices of Helene Ellenbogen, P.S.H | Helene Ellenbogen
You're way out. First, the likely service processor probably did not work directly for the law firm, but was contracted by the law firm as a service processor. Second, the contents of the parenting plan are not known to a service processor. Third, your daughter apparently agreed to accept service and was old enough to do so. What damage is there to you? None. I can't imagine a lawyer taking such a case, even if there were some kind of liability (which there doesn't seem to be) as there are no damages.