Can I sue in small claims court and if not, how do I sue him affordably? 1 Answers as of July 24, 2017

My neighbor lied big time. He said that I stabbed him. The police on site knew I was innocent. Some ignorant, off-site officer called in and ordered my arrest despite assessment of on-site officers. Case was dropped after two weeks. I spent 48 hours in hellish jail. I can prove my neighbor lied by four eyewitness statements and physical evidence.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
You can sue the neighbor. It is either malicious prosecution or defamation of character. Get a lawyer. The lawyer should take a contingent fee.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 7/24/2017
Click to View More Answers: