Can I sue if my hand was cut at a bar? 1 Answers as of March 01, 2011

I was at a bar. There was this guy (bouncer at the bar) who is in love with my partner. There have been times where he's left her gifts at her house. Sat in a store parking lot just to gaze at her house, and left her love notes. She has asked him over and over again for him to leave her alone. I'm at a bar with some friends to see my partner at her job and grab a drink. This guy (bouncer) has been giving me dirty looks the whole time I was there. She says to me "I'm going to take the trash out real quick I'll be right back." Its was like 7 mins before I felt like something was wrong. I ask one of the girls to go check on her because I noticed that the bouncer had disappeared as well. This girl walk in the back and I walked in behind her. My parnter say's to me "Steph, come here" I walk back and saw she was in a chair and he was kneeling down talking to her. I got angry and as I went to ask him "What the hell don't you understand about not leaving someone alone?" I smashed my hand on a glass cup. The glass shattered on my hand. I now have stiches in my pinky and in my palm. The club banned me. And to top it all off. Made it seem like my partner was the problem and that the bouncer couldn't be capable of being part of what happend. I ask my partner what exactly happend. She said... "I went to take out the trast. Like I told you. And he came in and was trying to talk to me. I tried to leave and he wouldn't let me leave. He trapped me in the corner. So, I sat in the chair and that's when you walked in and I told you to come here"
Now, with all that said and done. They have suspended her until further notice threw text message. She showed up for a meeting that she is still required to go to. All the girls then tell her. "I thought you were fired!" she was left confused cause all the girls seemed to know. Because a manager told them that and I know that somewhere that that isn't right. Now she dosen't know if she has a job or if she

I don't believe there is anything you can do about your cut hand, since it was a result of your own act, as justified as you may have been. Your partner should probably complain to management about the bouncer's sexual harassment. Unfortunately, unless the bar has more than 15 employees, the Federal Sexual Harassment Law does not protect her, and the employer can probably get away with firing her.