Can I sue if I won the jackpot and casino refuses to payout? 4 Answers as of June 12, 2013

I won a "Bad Beat" jackpot for $50,000 at 1:20 am on June 10th, 2013. The Casino was running a promotion for this jackpot but once I hit it they stated it didn't start until "their gaming day starts at 9am" and instead I win $10,000 only. I asked them to provide info on this requirement which they refused, also all the published info I could get my hands on in the casino and their website only stated the date (June 10, 2013), which at 1:20am I was clearly in. Can I sue to get my portion of that money?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
Contact the State of Illinois Gaming Board Investigations Division at 9511 West Harrison, Splashiness, Illinois, and you may also want to contact a lawyer in your area.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 6/12/2013
Lawyer for Independent Media
Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
If you Google on California Gaming Control Commission complaint, you will find info on filing a complaint about this. You should file a complaint and may also want to consult in person with a lawyer. You need to think clearly as to whether a lawsuit is in your best interest since the cost of a lawsuit can be quite high.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/12/2013
WEISSMAN LAW FIRM | I.Donald Weissman
You have nothing to lose by filing suit.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 6/12/2013
Sebby Law Office
Sebby Law Office | Jayne Sebby
You can sue just about anyone for anything. However, if the casino won't cooperate, first contact the state agency that oversees/regulates casino operations and talk to them about the problem. FYI: advertising doesn't necessarily establish a contract or agreement between two parties to take any specific action.
Answer Applies to: Nebraska
Replied: 6/12/2013
Click to View More Answers: