Can I sue if I slipped and fell while walking during a rainy day? 12 Answers as of April 24, 2013

I was walking while holding my daughter. It had been raining and I slipped and feel on the directional arrows. It happened where the cameras could see. I had to wait for a woman to help me up and ask if I was ok. I spent the night in urgent care. I am 23 weeks pregnant as well. I had to spend time on crutches.

Probably not. You have to prove that your fall was preventable, and that the property owner could have prevented it. If this is a public sidewalk, the city will get your case dismissed due to Governmental Immunity. If it is a private sidewalk, then you probably would be unable to prove that anyone other than "Mother Nature" was at fault.
Lydy & Moan | C. Gary Wilson
Generally slip and fall like this is not actionable. Could investigate with an attorney to explore the full circumstances.
Mark Caruso
Mark Caruso | Mark Caruso
It sounds like this slip and fall is your fault, so I doubt that you have a claim against anyone.
Answer Applies to: New Mexico
The Law Offices of Ajay Kwatra | Ajay Kwatra
Talk to an attorney.
In our culture you don't get anything automatically when you fall. You have to prove you fell because of someone elses negligence and that you were not negligent in any way. Hard to show even in a good case. the law requires you to watch where you are going and take care of yourself.
    Gregory M Janks, PC
    Gregory M Janks, PC | Gregory M Janks
    Your question does not have enough facts to answer same. Where exactly did the fall occur? Who owned/controlled the area where it happened? Why did you fall? Premises owners are only potentially liable if they created a hazardous condition and/or knew of such a condition and had a duty to fix and/or warn about it (not all situations call for such a duty in Michigan due to the open & obvious doctrine). It would be advisable for you to consult a local lawyer that handles premises cases for a review of your specific liability facts and damages.
    In Alabama, you have to prove the landowner was at fault and that you were completely free from fault before you can recover. You have listed no circumstances that would indicate fault on behalf of the landowner. Good luck.
    Mark G. Patricoski, P.C. | Mark G. Patricoski
    No case here.
    You would have to show that whoever is responsible for maintaining the area where you were walking was negligent in some way.
    Conway Law Pllc.
    Conway Law Pllc. | B. L. Conway
    That is a complicated question. You may have multiple claims including a no fault claim for medical payments coverage on the premises. You need to determine the insurance company for the premise owner and make a claim.
    Candiano Law Office
    Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
    If your question is whether you can successfully sue the city of Chicago because you slipped, in the rain, while carrying a child, and while you were pregnant with another child, even though you sustained no permanent injury, the answer is almost certainly not. Please understand that to recover on a negligence theory, you must be able to prove two things. First, you must be able to prove that someone was negligent. You do not even allege that anyone was negligent. Second, you must be able to prove that you sustained injury as a result of that negligence. Again, you have no real injury and there was no negligence. I do hope that I have answered your question.
    It is very doubtful you would have a viable cause of action in Michigan. However, you should see an attorney just to confirm that fact.