Can I sue if I am adopted and for years I've suffered emotional, physical and mental abuse by my adoptive mom? 2 Answers as of September 14, 2017

I want to know if I can sue her for pain, suffering and neglect. I'm 38 years old I can't keep a job. I have trust issues, I'm a loner, I isolate myself to protect my feelings. She's been a negative impact on my life all of my life. She's never encouraged me nor had faith in me. I feel as if she fought my dad for custody only to hurt him she didn't want me and that was evident when she wasted no time with the abuse! I have written documents from her clearly stating her hate for me. I have text messages and I have people who have witnessed over the years her abuse towards me both verbally and physically. She even pulled a gun on me in 2003 resulting in me leaving her house to live with my aunt. She wasn’t happy about that so this is when she helped my ex-husband take my child from me saying I was unfit and living in a crack house! That's really when my life took a turn for the worst! I just need closure in my life and to move forward but I want her to pay for what she's done to me because somehow she thinks I got here on my own when I didn't!

Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
I need therapy and help but not a lawsuit.
No, you cannot. Intra-family immunity.