Can I sue if a drunk driver hit my car in Illinois? 4 Answers as of March 09, 2011

I got into an accident in the early morning. The other driver was drunk and the police came. I refused medical attention at the time. Now I am suffering pain in my legs and tailbone. Is there anything I should do legally?

Fox Law Firm LLC
Fox Law Firm LLC | Tina Fox
Yes, it sounds like you may have a personal injury claim.
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates
Cary J. Wintroub & Associates | Sheldon J. Aberman
Yes. You can make a claim against the drunk driver for your bodily injury. In the event that the drunk driver's insurance fails to make you a reasonable settlement offer, you may want to file suit. Feel free to call me for more information.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C.
Peckar & Abramson, P.C. | David Scriven-Young
Your refusal of medical attention does not automatically mean that you can't sue. It sounds like you were injured, and I'm sure your car was damaged in some way. You should contact a lawyer to determine if you have a case.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You may have a case, based upon the information that you have supplied. We would be happy to provide you with a free consultation if you call my office at either of the numbers listed below. If my office accepts your case, there is no fee charged unless we are able to obtain a settlement for you.

Thank you for your email, and we look forward to hearing from you.