Can I sue if a company takes your section 8 rights? 1 Answers as of August 02, 2011

If you lose your section 8 from false accusations and lack of action in a timely manner by pg&e causing the families to be homeless do I have cause for a lawsuit? pg&e send me two fifteen day notices that have service dates of May 20th 2011. On that day pg&e disconnected the current service that was not in my name. I had been trying for a year to get the service in my name but I had an old bill. They said it could not be done so I lost my section 8. They came back and reconnected the service in my name after I had moved now on the day that it was said to section 8 that I had no power I did have power. I had a section 8 hearing they said code enforcement told them I cut the lock and was receiving power illegally. I showed pictures of the no tampered running meter they ruled because I did not show a pg&e bill in my name that I be terminated from the program. On July 28th pg&e sent me two fifteen day notices in my name with the service start date may 20 2011.

Frances R. Johnson
Frances R. Johnson | Frances R. Johnson
I cannot tell if you have a basis for a lawsuit on the facts you've indicated here. I suggest calling an attorney where you live, or checking with your local Legal Aid/Free Legal Services agency to see if you might have a right to sue.