Can I sue the hotel for slipping and falling in their lobby? 1 Answers as of October 16, 2014

I recently took quite a spill in the lobby of a major hotel. It was raining outside, the hotel had a venue for eating in the lobby (filled with tables), so I had to skirt around the perimeter of the lobby. There was NO sign or warning about slippery floors (I've since seen it on rainy days). An incident report was taken (briefly - by the security officer), and I emailed about a week later with my doctor's bill, asking for reimbursement. I've heard nothing back. Shouldn't they be responsible for this? I don't want it coming our of my flex plan/insurance.

Slip and fall are ugly cases. you have to prove that you fell because of their negligence and that you were paying attention and the fall did not occur because you were careless. Sometimes hard to do.their med pay carrier will likely pay your dr bill. It is not much of a case so don't think about suing. No lawyer will likely take such a small case.