Can I sue him and the facility after a nurse was charged with sexual assault and battery 2nd degree on me? 12 Answers as of April 14, 2014

He took a plea bargain and plead guilty. He was convicted of disorderly conduct.

Of course, and you should.
Absolutely, and you should.
Of course you can. Hire a personal injury attorney.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
In order to evaluate whether you have a claim, it would be helpful to know the facts of the incident.
Steven Meyer | Steven Meyer
I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Our office has handled similar claims before. I am not sure where you're located, but if you happen to be in Florida, we would be happy to speak with you about the case. We offer a free initial consultation. I am board certified in civil trial law, which indicates that I am an expert in handling civil trial matters. This case is in that category.
    Yes, you can. I suggest talking with a local personal injury attorney.
    MADIGAN & HOMSY,LLC
    MADIGAN & HOMSY,LLC | Daniel Madigan
    Yes you can sue. However, I would need more details to be able asses the type of suit and possible damages.
    Lombardi Law Firm
    Lombardi Law Firm | Steve Lombardi
    I don't know, who are you and what did you have to do with the acts leading to the criminal charges?
    Answer Applies to: Iowa
    It is possible you can sue, but it will probably take a medical expert to answer the question as the claim will probably be considered to fall under the malpractice laws. Medical malpractice lawyers typically have such experts available. Consider consulting one. Good luck.
    Morrin Law Office
    Morrin Law Office | Robert A. Morrin
    Yes, if you are a patient in a nursing home and a staff member (nurse) sexually assaulted you and/or committed battery against you in their capacity of a nursing home employee, then there is a good chance you are able to sue and recover damages.
    Answer Applies to: Kentucky
    There is a civil component to almost every criminal act. You could certainly bring a suit against the perpetrator, an action against the facility will be much more difficult. In that case you would have to prove that the facility knew of his proclivities and allowed you to be victimized. Generally, an employer is not liable for the criminal act of its employee.