Can I sue a gas station if I slipped and broke my toe in their parking lot? 2 Answers as of November 06, 2017

I was walking out of the gas station and it was raining. I was walking towards my car to fill up. Then I stepped on the yellow paint line that divides the parking spots, then right there I slipped on that. It was very slippery. I had no idea that that can be slippery. There were some managers outside having a smoke that saw me. I want to know if I can sue the gas station. Or if I will be wasting my time.

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
You can sue anyone for anything. The real question is whether the claim is viable (worth more than it costs). They may be willing to pay your medical bills without admitting fault but I doubt that suit would be viable if your sole injury is a broken toe.
Barry Rabovsky & Associates
Barry Rabovsky & Associates | Barry Rabovsky
You might want to consider filing a claim against the gas station, since you had a serious injury. Although they will probably argue that they are not responsible for the rain, you could attempt to say that the yellow line that they put in was unreasonably slippery.