Can I sue for unpaid wages as independent contractor? 1 Answers as of September 21, 2012

We didn't sign any contract. I quit after four months with this company, I didn't think the amount of money fit the job. We texted back and forth about the money owed, he agreed that if I fax him the W-9, SS card and my Dl, he will mail the final pay to me which should have been Aug 30th 2012 and I still don't have it he won't answer phone or texts now that he have paperwork. What can I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Yes, you may sue the answer is the same, whether you were an employee earning wages or if you were an independent contractor seeking payments due you under the contract. This type of contract should be in writing, but the oral agreements are enforcable contracts.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 9/21/2012
Click to View More Answers: