Can I sue for personal injury after I found something in my coffee? 3 Answers as of February 22, 2011

I was drinking my coffee at this popular franchise with my friend and when I was half way done something hit my lip and when I looked in the cup it looked like a tampon applicator. I asked the guy that made it and he said it was the attachment for the whip cream and he admitted in front on me and my friend that he was looking for it. I guess because you can't buy it at the store and it's especially made for the company. I put a complaint with the main office and the representative said they want to send someone out to get it from me because it is in my fridge. I asked why and she said,"oh because it's evidence". What should I do? I do not have a receipt just a card that says sorry for your experience have a free cup on us. That attachment was made of metal and plastic I did not seek medical attention but now I'm scared that I ingested something. The incident was on Tue. now it is Fri. What should I do? should I give them the "evidence" and let by gones be by gones?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
The Law Office of Harry E. Hudson, Jr. | Harry E. Hudson, Jr.
To sue you must first have damages. It does not sound like the event described here is more than trivial. I would bet that anything you might have swallowed would have been passed by now and , if it was going to cause damage it would have done so by now.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/22/2011
Law Office of Curry & Westgate
Law Office of Curry & Westgate | Patrick Curry
You could sue, but without serious injury you would not prevail.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 2/21/2011
Click to View More Answers: