Can I sue for payment on a loan I Cosigned for? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

While married (we're since separated) I co-signed for her daughter on a water purifying system ($3800.00). Her daughter has made no attempt to make payment, which is affecting my credit standing. Can I sue for payment or worst case has it written into the divorce decree for her mother to make payment.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Michael D. Fluke, P.A.
Michael D. Fluke, P.A. | Michael D. Fluke
You can list it as a marital debt and make your wife responsible for in the divorce proceeding (although taking the whole debt and making sure it is paid may be preferable), and you can also sue the daughter for contribution in civil court (which may be a waste of time if the daughter has nothing). I suggest you consult a local Family Law attorney to discuss your case in greater detail and learn all of your rights and options. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: