Can I sue for my teen for being traumatized on a carnival ride? 5 Answers as of July 23, 2014

My son was on a carnival ride that spins in the air on its side when his safety bar unlocked and opened up. He grabbed the seat and held on so he would not fall out. Now he won't go on a ladder or even the back deck. He says he will never go on a ride again and he says he will never go in the car if it is a long drive. What do I do? This is not him!

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
Unless your son is in therapy, he has no damages.
Lawyer for Indie Media
Lawyer for Indie Media | Sue Basko
You can sue anyone for anything. Will a personal injury lawyer take a case with psychological damages only? Call some in your area and ask.
Lawyer for Independent Media
Lawyer for Independent Media | Sue Basko
Contact personal injury lawyers and see if they will take this on contingency. Also, keep your son off carnival rides.
Mark G. Patricoski, P.C. | Mark G. Patricoski
Yes you can make a claim, but you must have some medical treatment consistent with the incident.
Law Offices of Henry Repay
Law Offices of Henry Repay | Henry Repay
Begin by seeing your doctor and following any recommended course of treatment/counseling. You may have a case, but proving it is more difficult than in your typical injury situation. Was there a report made, information taken about the company involved and the sponsor of the event, etc.? Further guidance and evaluation of the claim would have to be through a consultation in which all the facts can be thoroughly examined. Any answer given here is going to be limited. Act promptly to preserve any possible claim.