Can I sue for lost wages? 14 Answers as of May 21, 2013

I was rear-ended and my car was out of service for a week and a half while it was being fixed. I deliver pizzas, so I couldn't work. Is there any way I can get those lost wages? I wasn't injured.

in Michigan, you go to your own insurance for the car repairs and the rental car. As such, you would not have lost income because you would have wheels. I suspect that in another State, you could sue the other driver for your property damage and lost income.
Law Offices of Mark West
Law Offices of Mark West | Mark West
Yes you are entitled to lost wages caused by an incident, regardless of whether you were injured. You will have to show causation. You may be asked why you couldn't use another vehicle. There may be a little reduction if it can be shown that you had another vehicle available to you to do your work. Depending upon the amount of money is involved, you would probably be in small claims court.
You would have a potential claim, depending on what jurisdiction you are in.
A vehicle used in business (delivery) can be the source of a claim for what is called "loss of use" what is the fair market value of such loss? Maybe the rental value of a similar vehicle.
Victor Varga | Victor Varga
Maybe.
    Yes. If the time lost from work is a direct and foreseeable consequence of the other driver's negligence, your lost wages along with possible other damages can be recovered in a lawsuit. The key question, apart from the likelihood of proving liability, is just how great your losses may be. If it is only a few hundred dollars, it may not be worth your while.
    It is not a clear cut case for lost wages but I would try. Unfortunately, you might have to file suit or ask for arbitration to get it (contact your county Clerk of Court to learn how to request arbitration min auto property damage cases).
    Johnson & Johnson Law Firm, PLLC | Richard Johnson
    You can claim the earnings loss is a direct result of the damage to your vehicle / loss of use of the vehicle, even though you were not injured. But, when your car was being repaired, didn't you get a rental car? In a clear liability case, usually the liability insurer will provide you with a rental car, OR you have rental car coverage on your own insurance policy on your car, during the time your car is being repaired. If the liability insurer didn't provide you with a rental car, then they ought to pay for your earnings loss.
    Yes. Get pay stub to insurance company or rent a car and get rental.
    Adler Law Group, LLC
    Adler Law Group, LLC | Lawrence Adler
    Not likely without an injury. A rental car should have been given so you could work.
    Frank Law Group, P.C.
    Frank Law Group, P.C. | Brett E. Rosenthal
    Yes that is related to the damage your vehicle suffered that carrier for the at fault party should be compensating you for that loss.
    WEISSMAN LAW FIRM
    WEISSMAN LAW FIRM | I.Donald Weissman
    The short answer is yes, you can recover lost wages. It is assumed that the loss is not over $10,000. Go to small claims court. It is quicker and more efficient than hiring a lawyer, if these are your only damages.
    Rothstein Law PLLC
    Rothstein Law PLLC | Eric Rothstein
    If this took place in NY your lost wages get paid through the no-fault insurance portion of your auto insurance. You need to file an application (NF-2) within 30 days of the accident. Call your carrier.