Can I sue for discrimination if restaurant will not allow me in during business hours? 6 Answers as of December 19, 2013

I worked for a restaurant company for five years. I left after putting in my two weeks notice (actually stayed for three because they were short handed). I eat/drink at this place frequently and have been invited by an employee to attend their Christmas party. I was told I can't attend the party even though it is during their business hours. I responded that I was going with twenty other people to have drinks and (would not be a part of their party ) I was told I could not be in the restaurant at all. Can I sue for discrimination?

Ellis & Abouelsood | John Danelon
No, you cannot sue for discrimination because you are not be excluded based on a protected class. such as age, gender or race.
No because you were not prevented from partying because of race, religion, sexual orientation. etc.
Strowbridge Blaisdel Richardson | Strowbridge Richardson
You have not stated enough facts to be able to give you an answer.
Law Office of James E. Smith
Law Office of James E. Smith | James Smith
No. Discrimination has to be based on age, sex, race, religious, ethnicity. Not a a grudge.
That is not a case of discrimination.
    Ascheman & Smith | Landon Ascheman
    No, unless they are not allowing you to be there because of your race, gender, creed, etc. A private business has the right to refuse service, that includes being on their property.