Can I sue for damages if the opposing attorney committed perjury? How? 10 Answers as of September 01, 2015

I have recently subpoenaed documents which can prove that opposing attorney committed perjury by submitting false witness declaration under oath (attorney also signed his declaration under “penalty of perjury”). As a result I suffered significant financial losses and my business is ruined. Can I sue this attorney for damages?

Durham Jones & Pinegar | Erven Nelson
You possibly have a case for fraud, but would need an independent lawyer to analyze the situation.
If you can prove perjury, you pursue a criminal action against him, you go to the attorney grievance commission and report him, and then you get a lawyer to sue for damages.
We would have to know a lot more about the circumstances, context, etc as well as seeing the actual documents you are referring to.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C.
The Law Offices of Russell Gregory, P.C. | Russell Gregory
Possibly, it depends upon the strength of your evidence. You couldn't sue the attorney for legal malpractice, per se, as he didn't represent you. But, theories such as negligent infliction of emotional distress, tortious interference with contract, etc., could allow you to proceed. And, you could possibly tap his legal malpractice insurance, even though he didn't represent you, by alleging that his conduct breached attorney ethical rules. Certainly, this matter needs to be fully discussed, in order to ascertain the strength of your case, and amount of damages.
Probably yes. You may have other remedies as well. Contort of court as to the lay witnesses; a professional grievance with the Bar disciplinary authority in your state. Consult your lawyer and check and double-check your proof to be sure it is absolutely solid. After all, you are attacking other people's reputation and position in the community.