Can I sue for damages caused by a wrongful accusation? Posted on June 29, 2011

My son was wrongfully accused of stealing. The store took out a warrant and the local paper put in there that he was arrested for misdemeanor larceny. I had to get a lawyer. The case was dropped but the lawyer said I had to pay him another 750 to get the charges taken off of his record. My son was nowhere near the place in which he was accused and he may not get the basketball scholarship offer that we have been waiting for because of this mess. Can I sue?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: