Can I sue for breaking my tooth? 3 Answers as of January 17, 2017

I was out in Michigan having dinner with friends at PF Changs and ended up biting into two pieces of plate 1 measures half inch buy half inch + 1/8 sex and I'm not sure what the other one what I think I swallowed it come to find out one of the Cooks broke a plate buy the food that was being served out what should I do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of Ronald A. Steinberg & Associates | Ronald A. Steinberg, BA, MA, JD
When food is put into "the mainstream of commerce," it is guaranteed to be uncontaminated, and fit to eat. When you order food, you expect the food to be edible, and you expect to pay for edible food. So in effect, your situation produces two (2) separate claims within the same lawsuit. A claim for breach of contract, and a claim for breach of warranty. The bottom line is that you do have a case, however the value of that case will depend on the damages caused. It could be merely putting a cap on a tooth, or it could be a root canal, or it could be a removal of a tooth and either an implant or a partial bridge, or it could also involve a damage to your tempero-mandibular joint. You need a good dentist, and a better lawyer.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/17/2017
Downriver Injury and Auto Law | Michael Heilmann
Food has to be fit for the purpose that it was intended to. In order to sue, you would have to get the broken tooth fixed. Notify the restaurant that you intend to sue.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/17/2017
Klisz Law Office, PLLC
Klisz Law Office, PLLC | Timothy J. Klisz
You might have a viable case.
Answer Applies to: Michigan
Replied: 1/16/2017
Click to View More Answers: