Can I sue a doctor if he seen me and done an MRI, found herniated disc in and put it in my records but left me messed up? 1 Answers as of December 16, 2015

I went to the doctor for pain in the neck and both arms and left hand. He did an MRI on my neck then I came back for results. He told me that I had a lot of issues in my neck. Then said he thought I had something messed up in my shoulder too and wanted to do an MRI on it too. When I came back for the results, he said everything looked good and I did not have to come back. I ask him about my neck and he said it was good then I left and kept having a lot of pain. I went to another and he checked my shoulder first and found I had torn rotator cuff and torn labrum in my shoulder. I went, got the MRI from the first doctor and they gave the paper where it was read with it the results that said I had herniated disc and several other things that needed surgery to fix. When I got my records from the doctor, he had put in his own words in my record that I had a couple herniated disc and other things in my record. Then the very next visit, he wrote in my record that I was fine and he released me. I was told by a nurse that I was on a black list but I don’t have anything that says it in writing.

It takes a medical expert to answer your question. Lawyers that do medical malpractice cases typically have such experts available. Consider consulting one. However, it sounds like your damages are that your care was delayed. Unless you can prove the delay in treatment caused severe additional damage, I'm thinking it would cost more to pursue the claim than it would be worth. If such is the case, you are not remediless. You can complain to the Medical Board. Good luck.