Can I sue a doctor for lying? 2 Answers as of January 24, 2017

I have been dealing with a work injury since 2014. Work compensation is doing everything possible to get me back to work but the doctor I have been seeing and just seen on November refused to release me. Work comp had a doctor that they sent me to back in March file a report after reviewing a CT scan and not me, that I was healed and able to return with no restrictions. He also stated that he did a physical exam in his office in October which is an outright lie. I have not seen him since March. Injury occurred in another state.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Mark G. Patricoski, P.C. | Mark G. Patricoski
No and they seem to be able to get away this this bad faith handling of the WC claim as well and these facts will be dealt with at the WC hearing.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 1/24/2017
Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
First of all, you NEED an experienced Illinois Workers' Compensation attorney. You are complaining about false statements contained in what we call a Section 12 examination. It is bought and paid for by the employer. If claims in the report are objectively false, you MAY complain to the state medical board or s . Workers' Compensation has its own doctors, nurse case managers, adjustors, and attorneys working for them. Without experienced counsel, what do you think your chances are? For Illinois Workers' Compensation claims, you will ALWAYS cheat yourself if your do not hire experienced counsel. You will have someone to guide you through the process AND when it is time to settle, an attorney can add value to your case IN EXCESS of his fee. So, you have fewer headaches AND you get more money. It really is a no-brainer.
Answer Applies to: Illinois
Replied: 1/24/2017
Click to View More Answers: