Can I sue the department of child support enforcement for defamation and harassment? 2 Answers as of July 31, 2011

For the third time, my ex wife has signed an affidavit saying I'm behind on child support. I pay by check, which is concrete evidence that I'm not behind, yet the department of child support enforcement has gone ahead and treated me as if I'm a deadbeat dad. The "arrears" have now been applied to my credit score, and a tax lien has also been unjustly applied. What can I do to protect myself and my family from this idiocy?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Ashman Law Office
Ashman Law Office | Glen Edward Ashman
You get a lawyer, not to file a suit against the state, which you cannot do, but to determine what you do and do not owe.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/31/2011
Goolsby Law Office
Goolsby Law Office | Richard Goolsby
We recommend you seek legal help in your area, but your attorney will tell you how expensive such a lawsuit would likely be. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/30/2011
Click to View More Answers: