Can I sue a dealership for pain and suffering lost wages, and not properly fixing my vehicle? 2 Answers as of October 07, 2016

I heard a noise coming from my car. It was taken to a dealership. I was told by an employee that the car would be fixed because everything was still under warranty. I dropped the car off at about 9:00 am and didn't get it back until about 5 or 6:00 pm. As I was on my way, my check engine light popped on. Then another light came on that said engine stop low oil fuel. I called the man at the dealership because he gave me his number but he would not pick up his cell phone. Saturday morning, I called the dealership who was very nonchalant, didn't care about the fact that I was telling them my lights was coming on, and just told me to bring the car in on Monday. I was very upset because I had to go to a party Saturday. The party was a distance from my house and my car was in terrible condition. It was making a rattling noise, smoking, and the lights on the gas kept popping on, then the car stopped picking up speed which was really scary because I was on the express way with my family in the car. Cars were beeping at us and swerving around us we even almost got into an accident. I had to buy a lot of oil because all my oil kept leaking out and it was really frustrating and stressful to have to worry about my car and help console family me who we're grieving over the loss of their mother. I had to drive home with my has adds on and it caused me and my mate to miss work, due to their negligence when I took the car in to get it fixed. I did not want to return to that same dealer but I had no choice because I was afraid to drive the car anywhere else. When I got to the dealer, they were very rude not really wanting to help me because I was enraged by the time I made it there. I cried in the dealership then they proceeded to tell me that their mechanic forgot to tighten a bolt on my engine.

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
You probably need a new engine which they ARE responsible for. You will NOT recover for your stress.
Mark G. Patricoski, P.C. | Mark G. Patricoski
No.