Can I sue a credit union fro reporting false information on my credit report? 1 Answers as of September 14, 2015

The credit union recently reported that I owed a balance to them after it was paid in full. The agreement was for them to send me a letter stating that my account was paid and that it would be removed from credit. I received said letter but however just recently I pull my credit report and the credit union has reported the same account again on my credit report? I have had so many problems from bad customer service to not knowing what they are talking about with this credit union. This second error has drastically affected my score and I just feel like they have done this to several other people and nothing is being done about it. I would like to know if I can sue them for punitive damages and pain and suffering. The stress over the course of the months to get this resolved has been unbearable. Just to get them to remove the account initially i had to report them and file a complaint with ACUA.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C.
James E. Hasser, Jr. P.C. | Jim Hasser
It is possible to sue, but I would need to know way more about the facts before I could give you an answer. I do know that you can get the union to write a letter of explanation to the credit reporting agencies and you can do the same so that it is on file. Consider consulting a consumer protection lawyer. Good luck.
Answer Applies to: Alabama
Replied: 9/14/2015
Click to View More Answers: