Can I sue the company after an injury even if I was hired without papers? 1 Answers as of December 02, 2015

I was told by a guy that I can come out and work where he worked splitting wood with a machine. The person who paid me never asked for no paperwork to get hired on which I thought was weird but he paid cash and I need it now. On the second day, on a machine that I was never trained on, I was putting wood and the other person was pushing the button too early. I told him to slow down. He wouldn’t. I think he’s on drugs also. The last log of row, the guy pushed button and my thumb got smashed. They had to do surgery only have half a thumb.

If the employer had comp insurance, your exclusive remedy against him is for compensation benefits. If he didn't have the insurance you may be able to sue. Consider consulting an experienced comp lawyer familiar with Employer's Liability claims.