Can I sue the CEO of a company? 1 Answers as of July 16, 2011

Hi there, The company (one man's corporation) I delivered some merchandise to failed to pay me over $9,000. I wanted to sue his corporation in a small claim court for $7500, but recently found out that his corporate license was suspended back in 2003, way before we did business together. Does this mean that I can hold the CEO personally liable for the damages and demand him, not the company to return the money - meaning can I sue the CEO of the company "doing business as...", instead of the corporation itself, since he did not have a valid license? (It would actually be much better for me to sue him instead of the company, that he can shut down anytime soon...) Please help. Thanks!

Law Offices of Steven A. Fink
Law Offices of Steven A. Fink | Steven Alan Fink
Sue the company and the CEO dba the company and as the alter ego of the company. The suspension back in 2003 should be sufficient to establish his personal liability.