Can I sue the car dealership and/or the mechanic were my car was leased from? 6 Answers as of July 11, 2013

I have a car that was leased back in June of 2012, which did not pass inspection until a week to 2 weeks later. The car was taken in for repair on June 8, 2013 to find out why the car was not functioning right and it was overheating. They stated that the radiator, hub bearing, lug nuts, rotors, brakes was all changes. Remind you the car has been there for a month and still is there Before this occurred I called a week later to see if my car was covered under warranty then did call for warranty until 6/13/13. I give it until the following week to see what’s going still haven’t received an answer on Tuesday called Thursday 6/20/13 and they finally stated it was not covered. Asked how much will it cost to be fixed they stated $600 for the parts and labor ok dropped off a deposit of $200. Call back a week later to see if the car has been fixed stated there were waiting on a part. Call back on 7/2-3/13 someone stated the wrong parts were ordered but somehow on July 8 the car is fixed but still waiting on some lug nuts to come in because there were rusted. Went to pick the car up there's bad news that was never mentioned or was broke before it was taken there. July 8th they claim the car was ready, so I came to the shop. My car was not there but at the dealers other place. The owner started that they were going to get it while I was there but then he stated bad news the car wont shift gears but the car was drivable there and nothing was wrong. Owner stated that they took the gear thing a loose to move the car to his other location which is miles away but never stated there was a issue or neither informed me that he took it apart now the car will not move and is not at the location where I lifted it. The owner workers drive the car there and was unable to drive it back so it wasn't even towed. Owner does not want to take responsibility for this. Also the owner agreed to charge for the parts and not labor of worked performed and stated on July 8 ppl that.

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Lawrence Lewis
Lawrence Lewis | Lawrence Lewis, PC
Yes, if you have the money for the attorney. DO you have the money for the attorney?
Answer Applies to: Georgia
Replied: 7/11/2013
Law Offices of Andrew C. Sigal | Andrew C. Sigal
Unfortunately, I am unable to answer this question. It falls in an area of law that I do not practice. My practice is limited to personal injury litigation.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/11/2013
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A.
Paul Whitfield and Associates P.A. | Paul L. Whitfield
Certainly you can sue. Make sure you know what you are talking about and make sure you can prove it in court. (may be difficult. You will likely need your own expert mechanic or engineer)
Answer Applies to: North Carolina
Replied: 7/11/2013
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C.
Andrew T. Velonis, P.C. | Andrew Velonis
You may have a right to recover for some of what you have paid under the contract, but the extent of recovery is unclear; first you are talking aobut 2 weeks back in June of 2012 and then you jump forward a year. You don't state whether the car was new or used, how far you drove it, what was supposed to be covered under the contract, etc. so there is a lot to talk about.
Answer Applies to: New York
Replied: 7/11/2013
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
This is a contract question. The short answer is that you seem to have a basis of claiming that they damaged or improperly repaired the car. You will evidence of that from a mechanic.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 7/10/2013
Click to View More Answers: