Can I sue the bus company if they are at fault in the accident? 1 Answers as of April 17, 2017

I was driving behind a bus on a rainy day and he made a sudden stop, no emergency lights or signal lights. There's was a bus stop on the right side of the street. I quickly moved over to the left lane in order to cause an accident but as the bus pulled into the bus stop his back stuck out to the left lane as I was stopping and cause damage to my car. I was shocked; scared since this is the first time I've ever being in an accident. I quickly stopped and pulled over to the right side, in front of the bus with my emergency lights and took a look at the damage, as I was walking towards the bus to get the information the lady driving shut the doors and quickly drove away. Due to the fact that I panicked, I didn't get the bus information but I got the exact time. I was driving and had a passenger at the time. I quickly called MTS and didn't think of calling the cops. Once again, since I had a passenger in my car and I panicked. Lyft understood and put my account on hold until I fix my car, so I haven't being working. I have a witness which was the car driving behind me and he didn't look at the bus either. She only stopped because she realized I stayed there and the bus drove away. My passenger and witness both said the bus was at fault for scooting his back towards the left lane when I was driving there. It has now being 2 weeks and when the bus company called me. They only ask me to repeat what happen. What do I do? And claim they have over 300 buses and "don't know what bus made a stop in that exact bus stop and the time" how do they not know ? There's only 2 buses that stop there, and if I'm correct all buses have a schedule.

If you or your passenger were injured, you should see an injury lawyer ASAP. If the bus co. is City (or governmentally) owned, please note that there is a special claim filing statute which requires prompt action on your part. The bus co. will probably have its own forms. Count on a fight.