Can I sue a bar if I was injured in their parking lot? 3 Answers as of February 08, 2011

I was recently at a bar and there was an altercation. A beer bottle was thrown through my friends car window breaking it. The glass cut my leg and I had to get 10 stitches. The whole time the owner was watching and never called the police. Can I sue the bar owner for medical expense and my friend for her car?

This sounds as if there are a lot of facts missing. Not the least of which are those re the bar , what normally happens there, your frequency of the place and the bar's knowledge of the individuals involved in the altercation. However, under the facts you presented, even if you can add to them favorably, successfully will be difficult. See a personal injury attorney. You might start by calling the county bar association for a referral.
It is very difficult to sue a bar in California. You can get your friend's insurance to pay your bills and for compensation.