Can I sue bank for giving me false information and getting my hopes up for nothing? 2 Answers as of May 23, 2017

After my mother passed away, I went to a certain bank to get money that really belonged to me to begin with (long story) and told I was POD owner of numerous accounts of my mothers. The manager at the bank was acting a little fishy and told me it would take about a week before the accounts would clear and to come back because he had a question to ask the bank lawyer. When I came back to get the money that I thought I inherited, I was told that I would not be getting anything because my dad was joint owner of these accounts but the manager told me they were under my mom’s name when he said that I would be inheriting this money. Therefore, after I was told, I would be receiving money from these accounts, I was told that I would be getting nothing. Since then all these accounts have been closed by you know who.

Candiano Law Office
Candiano Law Office | Charles J. Candiano
You can't sue the bank manager for being stupid. When one joint account holder dies, bank accounts held jointly become the exclusive property of the survivor. It never passes to the estate. You never had any legal claim on the money.
Mark G. Patricoski, P.C. | Mark G. Patricoski
No. You have no claim Resolve matters with your dad.