Can I the sue apartment complex for property loss? 2 Answers as of June 29, 2017

Two months ago, I made a police report because my car was broken in to. They broke one window and stole items from my car. Now, my car was stolen same car.

To sue anyone you must show they caused the incident or somehow contributed to it and they owed you a duty that it should not occur. If you live in an area with a high rate of vehicle theft, or there was a security system installed that malfunctioned allowing the theft to occur, the owner of the complex might have liability. But if the the only relevant facts are that a crime occurred as to your car several months before, there would not appear to be any liability. As a practical matter, if owners of property were liable for improper acts occurring on their property, they would all be forced out of business.
The apartment building is not responsible for the illegal acts of third parties.