Can I sue an emergency room doctor? 1 Answers as of August 12, 2015

I went to the emergency and the dr said I was coming down with a virus and he gave me no meds. Two days later I went back and another dr said I had an ear infection, UTI, staph infection and strep throat. When I went the first time I told the dr I had a sore throat and my stomach was sore. He did nothing. He was such in a rush to send me home.

The answer to your question is yes, but from a practical standpoint it wouldn't be worth the effort to bring a claim. In Florida, you cannot sue a health care provider without first getting all of the medical records (typically at $1 a page) and then getting an opinion from a "similar health care provider" that the doc deviated from the standard of care (rarely costs less than $1,500) and the process is too fraught with pitfalls for you to try to do it yourself, so I doubt any lawyer will take that kind of case for the possible damages you're looking at.