Can I stop my son from moving in with his minor girlfriend? 1 Answers as of July 07, 2011

My son recently turned 18. He thinks he is going to move in with his 14-year-old girlfriend’s family! And her parents are ok with that!! Is there anything I can do?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of James Lentz
Law Office of James Lentz | James Lentz
Probably not. If your son is 18 he has attained the age of majority. And (believe it or not) at age 13 the girlfriend is above the age of consent. You might try contacting the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services about the girlfriend's parents. Other than that, make sure your son knows how to use birth control or the situation will escalate to your becoming a grandparent.
Answer Applies to: Ohio
Replied: 7/7/2011
Click to View More Answers: