Can I stop my husband from deportation if he has a detainer on him? 9 Answers as of August 08, 2011

My husband entered the USA on Jan 5th 2001 Illegal. We are married and have one child together. We have been together for almost 5 years. He has never been arrested nor been in any type of trouble the entire 10 years until ;June 24th he was charged with domestic assault, and charges was dismissed. ICE placed a detainer on him when he was being released from the jail. He is from Honduras. Is their any help for us to stop the deportation?

Verdin Law Firm, LLC
Verdin Law Firm, LLC | Isaul Verdin
He can fight a Cancellation of Removal for NON LPRs. We handle these cases
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC
The-Immigration-Lawyer.com, PC | Scott D. Mills
Yes, we can fight the deportation. But you need to act quickly and hire a lawyer now!
It appears that your husband qualifies for cancellation of removal or if he is 245i eligible to adjust status. It is also possible that he may have to go to his home country and apply for a waiver. You will need to consult with an immigration attorney. Let us know if we can help.
All American Immigration
All American Immigration | Tom Youngjohn
I recommend that you get an experienced immigration attorney with a track record of winning her/his cases. You can win your case. Not easy, but you absolutely have a chance of winning.
Julian & Chin LLP
Julian & Chin LLP | Larry F Chin
Your husband may be eligible to apply for cancellation of removal for non-permanent residents before an immigration judge. If he wins his case, he will become a Lawful Permanent Resident.
    Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices
    Hans Burgos, P.A., Immigration Law Offices | Hans Burgos
    He may be eligible for cancellation of removal under section 240A of the INA.
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law
    Christian Schmidt, Attorney at Law | Christian Schmidt
    It appears that your husband had been present in the U.S. for more than 10 years when he was put in removal proceedings. He should be eligible to apply for cancellation because of your US born child and your marriage if you are a citizen or permanent resident. Chances of success depend on a demonstration of hardship to his child and you if either has to live without him in the U.S.
    441 Legal Group, Inc.
    441 Legal Group, Inc. | Gareth H. Bullock
    He might be eligible to file for cancellation of removal.
    To "stop" deportation is the process to defend him in removal process. It takes a lot to determine whether there is a defense that applies to him. You should definitely work with a lawyer to decide what you should do to help him at this point.