Can I stop my ex's out of state move from Oregon to Utah? 1 Answers as of July 06, 2011

I’m divorced since April, ex wife has been divorced twice before with three other children and no custody. I have one child with her. I settled out of court with joint legal, her residential. In the settlement I’m allowing her to travel to Utah until Sept, I have time every other weekend, all holidays, and three weeks of vacation. She’s missed 4 visits since April including the 4th of July. She says now that she is moving there permanently and one of her daughters is moving with her to attend school. She met a rich guy online so she doesn’t work, says they aren’t getting married. The settlement states that our son will be in Oregon and I will get more parenting time. What can I do to stop this move? Will Oregon court uphold our agreement? Does her daughter change anything?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Vincent J. Bernabei LLC
Vincent J. Bernabei LLC | Vincent J. Bernabei
You can't stop your ex from moving, but you can get a court order preventing her from taking your son to live in Utah. The Oregon divorce court will retain jurisdiction over all custody and parenting time disputes. You must file a motion with the Oregon court to modify custody and/or parenting time and request that the court modify the original custody/parenting time order based upon the substantial change in circumstances caused by her move.
Answer Applies to: Oregon
Replied: 7/6/2011
Click to View More Answers: