Can I stop Child Support if I don't see my daughter anymore? 8 Answers as of April 24, 2013

Involuntarily, I have lost my parental rights. According to the divorce agreement, I have visitation every weekend. My daughter does not see or speak to me anymore. I have tried to no avail. What can I do?

TAMBASCO & ASSOCIATES, P.C. Attorneys at Law | R. Tambasco
Parenting time and support are not dependent on each other. Therefore, the support obligation can only be modified or terminated by court order. The fact that you have parenting time means that your parental rights have not been terminated. If you are being denied parenting time, believe the custody and or the support should be modified, you will need to file a petition with the court asking for such. As there are certain requirements and procedures which need to be followed you most certainly be benefited from having legal counsel.
Henry Lebensbaum | Henry Lebensbaum
No.
WARM SPRINGS LAW GROUP | Elliott D. Yug
As to child support you must pay until the court says stop or your daughter emancipates.
Hold your ex in contempt for not forcing your daughter for complying with the court's order. You cannot stop paying child support.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr.
Grace Law Offices of John F Geraghty Jr. | John F. Geraghty, Jr.
Child support is an obligation that is independent of visitation rights.
    Law Offices of Julie A. Ringquist | Julie A. Ringquist
    You can ask that the court order some, very minimal visitation, or you can ask that the court order joint counseling for reunification between you and your daughter. Obviously, the relationship has broken down (I have no idea if it's your fault, the mother's fault, or just bad circumstances), and it is important for your daughter's emotional well-being as she goes into adult relationships that you do everything you can to mend this relationship. Child Support is owed whether or not you are having visitation. If your daughter wants to see you, but her mother is not allowing it, bring the mother back into court immediately and alert the Judge to this situation.
    David A. Browde, P.C.
    David A. Browde, P.C. | David Browde
    No.
    Bush Law Group
    Bush Law Group | James Falk
    In South Carolina a parent's obligation to pay child support is separate from their obligation to pay child support. Therefore even though you have are unable to visit with your child you still have a child support obligation.