Can I stop an active foreclosure on my deceased mom's house through bankruptcy? Posted on November 29, 2012

My mother died and i was unable to make the mortgage payments due to me being a minor. The house is in active foreclosure now and because the loan is still in my moms name i can not assume the loan to start the modification process. Will i be able to file a bankruptcy on my (dead) mothers behalf to stop foreclosure?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: