Can I still work without the actual Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card? 2 Answers as of September 29, 2010

My case was approved and I received my Employment Authorization Document (EAD) card recently. However, the card has my incorrect starting date and I had to send it back. Will I still be able to work even though I am not in possession of the card presently and even though I do not have a receipt?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Pacifica Legal Services
Pacifica Legal Services | Floyd Fernandez
I would say that likely you would be able to work, since your employer would be able to find your name listed as having legal authorization to work in the U.S., even while the CIS is adjusting your EAD to reflect the accurate date. The employer will be able to confirm your status through an online search through e-Verify.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/29/2010
V U.S.A. Law Offices
V U.S.A. Law Offices | Michael Vu
Technically you are authorized to work. It is the mistake of USCIS, not yours.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 9/28/2010
Click to View More Answers: