Can I still sue my former workplace 9 months after mold exposure and severe onset of mold allergies and severe asthma? 1 Answers as of September 11, 2014

Basically, I got sick where I worked. There was an obvious moisture problem and brought to management's attention. I was ignored and I kept getting sicker. I suspected it was a mold allergy. Suggested professional testing and was only allergic severely to mold. I also developed severe asthma. I got so sick just being in the building I had to take a day off. I have been unemployed since December 30th 2013. Now I continue to suffer from exposure to mold when outside for even menial amounts of time. I was never this sensitive until exposure at work. I have medical bills I cannot pay, lost wages I can't get back and I am on a host of medications for severe allergies and severe asthma that I suggest to pay for monthly just so I can breathe. Is it too late to file for any compensation as I really thought by now I would be more improved? I need income but am so disabled when the mold counts outside are low moderate to very severely high I can't work. I am also suffering from ringing in the ears, balance problems, memory loss, hearing loss, and other issues that I never dealt with until exposure to mold in the workplace. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time.

You need to be sure about the matter of causation. if you don't have a doctor you should get a good one with knowledge in this area Mold is ubiquitous(meaning it is everywhere) some molds are toxic. Some are just nuisances I have never heard of anyone who claims such a broad spectrum of problems from mold but that is a doctor call. You may have a compensable worker comp claim. See a local lawyer who regularly handles worker comp claims.