Can I still sue my contractor if he retured my money? Posted on July 20, 2011

A wood flooring contractor damaged floors he worked on. When informed, refused to fix it and sent my money back. The job was for a buff an recoat, but the finish had bubbles bare spots and is now peeling. I now must have the floor sanded to bare wood to fix issue, according to all other contractors. This work is considerably more expensive and more inconvenient, requiring that I vacate the home for a few days. I contacted the floor guy and he refused to fix the peeling floor. Can I still sue for the cost of the sand and finish, even though the guy who caused the damage sent the money back? He said he nullified might right to sue by returning my money. Also he is in violation of consumer law by omitting required information from a contract, such as start and finish date, insurance notice contractor number, etc., if I can sue, can I sue for treble damages due to the fact that he charged more than the require percentage of deposit and omitted other information required in the contract?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Click to View More Answers: