Can I still stop the IRS from garnishing my wages? How? 3 Answers as of May 18, 2015

I owe the IRS $2200. They are now garnishing my wages from my paycheck beginning Friday October 1st. The payroll department of my company says they need to be notified by Monday, Sept 27th to stop it. Can I still somehow stop them from garnishing my wages during October?

Irsfeld, Irsfeld & Younger LLP | Norman H. Green
Either pay the $2,200 or enter into an installment agreement with them.
You could seek and offer in compromise but that is late, at this point. You could seek and installment payment agreement if you have not already blown one. For $200 it would be difficult to justify an attorney's fees.
How old is this question? It's May 15th today. In any case, you can stop the garnishment immediately by filing bankruptcy. Or you can try to negotiate a payment plan with the IRS. Since you're being garnished, it's likely that the IRS has been trying for years to collect this debt without success, so they might be skeptical about your willingness to keep any deal.