Can I still stay in the US after my H2B visa expires? 2 Answers as of April 08, 2011

My h2b visa expires this may 31 2011. Can I stay few more years in the US? What visa would I use?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Office of Christine Troy
Law Office of Christine Troy | Christine Troy
If you want to remain in the US, you would need to apply to change your status to a different visa category, employment or training based. In order to analyze your case, I would need to know more about the employer who wants to sponsor you, your training and education. You can evaluate your options by reading my employment based visa categories.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 4/8/2011
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella
Law Offices of Caro Kinsella | Caro Kinsella, Esq.
You are eligible to get a total of 3 years under the H-2B, so I dont know how long you have been here for; or whether you are eligible for an H-1B visa or student visa.
Answer Applies to: Florida
Replied: 4/8/2011
Click to View More Answers: