Can I still press charges if I was assaulted in my home after 2 people broke & entered, I was flustered and chose not to press charges? 2 Answers as of August 31, 2016

They trespassed, broke and entered, came into my apartment and began to attack me. Afterward, they ran, jumped a fence before leaving, and fled the scene. I was flustered at the time and couldn't assess the damage or decide if I wanted to deal with legal action. Now, I want to press charges. Can I go back and do so?

Ask a Local Attorney. 100% Anonymous. Free Answers.

Free Case Evaluation by a Local Lawyer: Click here
Law Offices of George H. Shers | George H. Shers
You do not tell us how much time has passed since the incident, which is important as there is a limitations period for almost all crimes. Call the police and see what they are willing to do. If you want to sue civilly, you would have 2 years in California.
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/31/2016
Law Ofices of Edwin K. Niles | Edwin K. Niles
That's up to the prosecuting agency (City Attorney or D.A).
Answer Applies to: California
Replied: 8/30/2016
Click to View More Answers: